Hi Yousef,
First thing qmail-1.03-r16 *is* masked (testing in my profile at least)
-r15 is the stable version.
Maybe (if possible, don't need something from -r16) you should try -r15
first.
Now checking and saw there are 24 patches against vanilla qmail-1.03 in
-r15 and 28 patches for -r16.
You could check them in
"/var/portage/mail-mta/qmail/qmail-1.03-r1x.ebuild" (there are only two
15,16).
Also could change/remove some patches by commenting them in an ebuild
copy in an overlay dir.
As you are already using qmail check and use only these patches which
you need.
More one point, i like the way gentoo builds/uses qmail, but most ML
(qmail-list) require to install it by following LifeWithQmail so as
there are some differences you could have problems later.
Can't help you more as i use qmail as personal mail-server and don't use
much of it's power, a pity.
PS: suggest you stop top-posting as it's not very appreciated with this
list ;)
HTH. Rumen