On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, maxim wexler wrote:

> > I imagine any CD included with a motherboard is old
> > before it hits the
> > shelves...
>
> So what? The "tool" will still work. Kindly read what
> I wrote!

I *did* read what you wrote.

My point was if there was an update on the CD it would be old.

You wrote:

"As it happens, an attempt to update the BIOS on my Asus K8N-E-deluxe
using the utility included in the mobo support CD,"

You did not write something like:

"As it happens, an attempt to update the BIOS (downloading the latest
one from the Asus web site) on my K8N-E-deluxe using the utility included
in the mobo support CD,"

Sorry to split fine hairs with an enormous axe but you might think about
that before jumping on people trying to help.

--
Aj.