Remy Blank wrote:
Nagatoro wrote:

Remy Blank wrote:

This mostly does it. However, I found that Thunderbird still sometimes
misses new messages in subfolders, and only finds them when you click on it.

I'm not sure if this is a Thunderbird or a courier-imap problem, though...

Could be both...
From /etc/courier-imap/imapd

It's Thunderbird, for one...

Add this to user.js (create it if it doesn't exist)
//mozilla thunderbird: check all imap folders for new mail.
user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);

Why that isn't an option that users can just select in the Preferences, I have no idea.

HOWEVER.... by default, courier has a limit. you're going to want to bump the "MAX_PER_IP" setting. I think that's the setting.. read the comments, it's in there. The default setting is something like 5 or some other really low number. Raise it or you'll wind up with a bunch of errors.