On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 21:56 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> At Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:47:51 -0500 kashani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Ron Bickers wrote:

> .  It would be nice to at
> >> least have these messages logged somewhere.  Are they?  Can they be
> >> without patching portage?
> >>
> > mkdir /var/log/portage
> > echo "PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage" >> /etc/make.conf
>
> Although I didn't check this particular case, it is normally true that
> emerge generates *two* logs in the directory for each build.  The
> large one contains the normal stuff (e.g., compiler output); the small
> one contains the important tidbits such as those mentioned above.

Yes.. I have this set-up as well, however the caveat here is that this
will be _after_ the fact. Hence, to me, it's largely useless.

Roy Wright has written a nice util which does do nice things,
essentially just grepping the ebuild files for einfo lines and putting
it onto the screen. nice.

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!