Did you recently update your kernel?  There is a problem with
gentoo-sources-2.6.12-r4.  There is a bug in iptables that causes problems
with KDE logins.  If you stop iptables, your login will work.

If you upgrade to gentoo-sources-2.6.12-r5, the problem will be solved.

                          Sean

--
Sean Higgins, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.systura.com - "Where information becomes knowledge."