On July 18, 2005 09:34 am, Mauro Faccenda wrote:
> Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
> > For past couple of weeks as I was doing emerge --sync and emerge
> > -uDNp I've noticed that libgsf has "jumping" versions. That is
> > one week it's 1.12.0 another 1.10.0 and it swings from one to
> > another. Does anybody know what might trigger this behavior?
>
> This is because gnumeric REQUIRES =1.10.0... and when you do a -uD
> it will be upgraded.
>
> You should keep using -uNp instead of -uDNp ;)

looks like it's the case here.... except that I like my -uDNp as
system became bit more stable since I started using "D" and every
time I upgrade it picks up everything I need and I didn't have to ask
it twice :) Oh well, maybe "-D" is a minor drawback and I can survive
occasional rebuild of libgsf :)

Thanks a lot for the tip.. it all makes sense now. At least I know now
what's going on.

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator