[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

So I started out compiling 2.6.12-r6 with frame buffer support adding in vesafb.
Tried various grub lines at various res's, got nothing but distorted console
fonts (started 1/3 way over on screen w/ wrap around plus a duplication on the
line at the start, only the very top line of the screen displayed correctly).
Tried rivafb, not compatable with nvidia driver, tried nvidiafb, no luck. Nvidia
driver wouldnt even load in any configuration i tried.

Sorry for the multiple replies, but did you happen to try the vbemode/nocrtc options with vesafb-tng? See /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt.

My native resolution is 1680x1050 (17" wsxga LCD). I'm using nvidia 7667 w/ fast
write, side buffering and 8x agp enabled (not the most stable i know, but has
not been problematic).

Does anything change if you disable these things???

-Richard