On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Intel HDA here. Mic input on my works fine.
>
> 1) Make sure mic volume is up and mix is not muted.
>
> 2) Compile Alsa as modular. Almost always works better and is
> recommended modular by Alsa developers over the years.
>
> The one thing that hasn't worked for me so far is passing the mic
> input up to to VMWare's sound card. Audio works fine - I can hear
> Windows apps - but Windows apps don't receive my mic.

thanks man, Thomas from gentoo-china helped me solve this problem. the
problem is that i did not enable the 'CAPTURE' function of my record
device. the record device should be set list this in the alsamixer

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c262ed02b8&view=att&th=1280bfbaf4fe4fbd&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_g84gy3tr1&zw

use 'SPACE' to toggle the capture.

--
Best Regards,