On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:36:39 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Empirically any way there doesn't seem to be a problem. I built the
> new kernel and it booted normally so I think I'm misinterpreting what
> was written in the Wiki or the Wiki is wrong.

As long as /boot is not on RAID, or is on RAID1, you don't need an
initrd. I've been booting this system for years with / on RAID1 and
everything else on RAID5.

--
Neil Bothwick

Scientists decode the first confirmed alien transmission from outer space
"This really works! Just send 5*10^50 H atoms to each of the five star
systems listed below. Then, add your own system to the top of the list,
delete the system at the bottom, and send out copies of this message to
100 other solar systems. If you follow these instructions, within 0.25 of
a galactic rotation you are guaranteed to receive enough hydrogen in
return to power your civilization until entropy reaches its maximum!"