Hi,

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:52:06 +0200
Fabrizio Prosperi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Doing a long emerge -up world aterm kept crashing and I thought it was
> an emerge problem, but then I focused on a particular emerge
> (mozilla-firefox) and I realised it was it.
>
> Just doing cat /var/log/portage/<that-log>.log
> is making aterm crash again, but not konsole.
>
> I guess I something with swappiness settings, but how to fix it?

Hm, don't know about aterm and its memory management, but that's for
sure: _swappiness_ should have absolutely nothing to do with this. The
swap management isn't up to userspace applications, that's kernel's
matter. Well, there might be some small probability left that your swap
management is somewhat hosed due to bugs in the kernel but that is very
unlikely and wouldn't explain why these conditions only occur with
aterm and only affect aterm.

-hwh