On 25/04/10 14:49, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
> meino.cra...@gmx.de schrieb am 25.04.2010 14:25:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I updated to the newest nvidia-drivers-195.36.24 and to xorg-1.80.
>> Afterwards I etc-updated and recompiled the output of
>> qlist -I -C x11-drivers and did a modprobe -r.
>> I rebooted. X11 starts with no problem but the keyboard
>> and the mouse were not responding.
>>
>> The xorg logfiles says that there are no input-devices
>> specified and that module dri and dri2 couldn't be found.
>> A quick look at man xorg.conf says nothing about definitions
>> of input devices.
>> The previous versions has had no problems with my xorg.conf,
>> so something added with the latest update may have killed
>> the functionality...
>>
>> What did I wrong?
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance for any help in advance!
>
> Afaik input devices are managed by udev instead of hal in xorg-1.8. There is
> an
> upgrade guide [1] but I don't know if it is official and finished.
>
> [1]
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.8-upgrade-guide.xml

That's the one I meant, and I assume that everything hosted on our infra
can considered to be official somehow.

And this what was shown to me from the emerge.

INFO: postinst
You should consider reading upgrade guide for this release:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.8-upgrade-guide.xml

WARN: postinst
You must rebuild all drivers if upgrading from <xorg-server-1.8
because the ABI changed. If you cannot start X because
of module version mismatch errors, this is your problem.
You can generate a list of all installed packages in the x11-drivers
category using this command:
        emerge portage-utils; qlist -I -C x11-drivers/