On 05/04/2010 10:38 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 04.05.2010 18:54, schrieb walt:

pam_mount(mount.c): crypt_activate_by_passphrase: Operation not
permitted

I don't have a pam_mount, where does it come from?  Perhaps it needs
a reference to pam_ssh.so?

What do you mean with "where does it come from?" ?

It's in portage ...

Okay, I'm assuming pam_mount.so and mount.crypt come from the sys-auth/
pam_mount package but I can't check because all of those packages are
masked by the ~x86 keyword at the moment.

Could it be the case that my current setup somehow uses "the new API"
which isn't available yet in some package?

I don't yet have the whole picture ...

Daniel knows more than I do about this subject, so I recommend that you
follow his advice.  However, all of the pam_mount packages being masked
at the same time makes me suspect that not everything is working exactly
as it should.  I'll follow this thread, hoping to learn more.