Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Fri, 7 May 2010 23:16:47 -0700, Jim Cunning wrote:

FEATURES='-distcc -ccache' MAKEOPTS='-j1' emerge ...

Worked for me on multiple systems
Thanks for the tip. It seems to have done the trick, because emerge is
running far longer beyond the point it originally failed with the error
above.
I have removed ccache from all my systems, the minutes of computer time
it saved were not worth the hours of my time it consumed when it broke
things.

+1 Disabled here a long time ago too. Took up a good bit of space, caused problems and wasted more time that in saved.

Dale

:-)  :-)