Hi,

my old mouse died. She became 12 years old...what a young soul... ;)

Today I had to buiy a new one (Logitech MX518,wired).

This one has a laser a some additional buttons to play with.

General question: Are these buttons free for assigning any function
to them (do they send "button 4 on mouse was pressed") or do they
codes which represent a (very small) part of a USB-keyboard (sending
"Page Up" of keyboard was presses) and how can I access these
additional buttons?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
Best regards,
mcc