On 05/16/2010 04:14 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:
On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 13:03 +0200, ich bins wrote:
Am 16.05.2010 12:22, schrieb William Kenworthy:
On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 08:08 +0100, Mick wrote:
On Sunday 16 May 2010 05:42:13 William Kenworthy wrote:
I am trying to update a laptop after a break of a few months and have
an ... anomaly!

It suddenly wants the kdrive use flag enabled for xorg-server and
sabayon - why?  I think kdrive is a minimal xserver built on top of xorg
so its not appropriate for a system I want full functionality on - is
it?

How can I find out whats bringing this use flag in as I cant find
anything so far.

euse -I kdrive

will show which packages on your system are using this flag.

Its not what packages use it - but what packages are causing it to be
needed that I want:

> From the new sabayon ebuild stabilized for gnome 2.28 it seems to
require xorg-server to be built with kdrive.  So even though this system
is using stable gnome, the newer sabayon now requires it ...

COMMON_DEPEND=">=dev-lang/python-2.4
     >=x11-libs/gtk+-2.6.0
     >=dev-python/pygtk-2.5.3
     >=dev-python/pygobject-2.15
     x11-libs/pango
     dev-python/python-ldap
     x11-base/xorg-server[kdrive]"

It appears its set by autounmask for gnome-2.28.2 on my other systems so
guess its a requirement these days ... guess I'll unmask the newer gnome
here as well - seems to work ok.

BillK

You need kdrive for Xephyr!

Perhaps, but its not installed and doesnt even have an ebuild that I can
see.

Xephyr is a driver installed by xorg-server-1.8 on my ~amd64 machine, but
not on my x86 machine with xorg-server-1.7.6.  Which version are you trying
to install?