On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:14 AM, CJoeB <colleen.bea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had wireless working just fine back when I was using the
> 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 kernel.  Since upgrading to the 2.6.30 series of
> kernels, I haven't been able to get it working.  I was using the ipw3945
> driver, but this driver needs TKIP and something else (don't remember
> what) set in the cryptographic section of the kernel source.  I can't
> seem to find where that is located, if it is in the kernel that I am
> currently running - 2.6.31-gentoo-r10.

If I remember correctly, I think there were major changes to kernel
wireless infrastructure introduced in 2.6.30. And in wpa_supplicant
some changes had to be made for some people, like changing the driver
(in my case from -Dmadwifi to -Dwext). Sorry I'm not familiar with
your particular driver but I know there were major changes in general
around that time.

You may also need to emerge net-wireless/iw if you don't have it already.

In the crypto/cipher section of the kernel I've found it easiest to
just build all of them as modules and then they're available if
needed.