On Sat, 2010-05-22 at 17:44 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> I'm doing "revdep-rebuild --library libjpeg.so.7".  It finds broken
> packages,  It gets to the point of...
>  * Generated new 4_raw.rr and 4_owners.rr
>  * Cleaning list of packages to rebuild
>  * Generated new 4_pkgs.rr
>  * Assigning packages to ebuilds
>  * Generated new 4_ebuilds.rr
>  * Evaluating package order
>  * Generated new 5_order.rr
>  * All prepared. Starting rebuild
> emerge --oneshot  app-text/ghostscript-gpl:0
> app-text/wv:0
> dev-libs/poppler:0
> media-gfx/gimp:2
> media-gfx/graphviz:0
> media-libs/gd:2
> media-libs/gegl:0
> media-libs/imlib2:0
> media-libs/libmng:0
> media-libs/libwmf:0
> media-video/mplayer:0
> x11-libs/openmotif:0
> x11-libs/qt:3
> Calculating dependencies... done!
>
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-libs/poppler:0".
>       =============================================================
>
>   The obvious first step is "equery depends dev-libs/poppler" ...which
> finds absolutely nothing.  No hits from the commands...
> grep poppler /etc/portage/package.*
> grep poppler /etc/make.conf
>
>   Not only that, but there doesn't appear to be a dev-libs/poppler in my
> portage tree.  Now what?

The old poppler ebuilds (dev-libs/poppler*) were reunited and became
app-text/poppler awhile back. The old poppler ebuilds should not be
referenced anywhere, but apparently they still are on your system
somewhere. Try remerging app-text/poppler manually (using --oneshot, so
it isn't added to world), then running revdep-rebuild again.

Make sure you have run emerge --sync recently, so that the portage cache
is up to date and any global updates have been applied. You could also
try removing the revdep-rebuild cache files
in /var/cache/revdep-rebuild/, but according to the output you included,
the package atoms are not coming from the cache.

Regards,

Brandon Vargo