walt wrote:
On 05/27/2010 02:42 AM, Dale wrote:
Hi folks.

I'm doing a fresh install onto another hard drive. Just felt like doing a fresh one instead of copying. Anyway, I got most everything installed. I was doing my last set of installs, things like seamonkey, firefox, pigdin, gtkam and all the
> other programs I use for this and that. I did copy my old make.conf over from the
> old install. I have the --keep-going option in there.

Hm. Does it work if you use the --keep-going option on the command line instead
of in make.conf?

I haven't tried that. Your suggestion made me think of something to look at tho. I checked the logs since it records what is being done and the options. I noticed this:

1274924669: *** emerge --with-bdeps --ask --verbose --buildpkg seamonkey gkrellm hddtemp kbackup k3b tkdvd myspell-en screen uptimed scribus autounmask elogv elogviewer flagedit mirrorselect pfl porthole gimp gtkam hugin alsamixergui avidemux smplayer iftop nettop traceroute wireshark pppconfig wvdial iptables pidgin ntp whois hplip http-replicator googleearth hdparm hwinfo lshw smartmontools dosfstools shake sys-power/nut htop iotop lsof links mozilla-firefox adobe-flash gecko-mediaplayer mesa-progs gkrellm-themes
1274924866: >>> emerge (1 of 137) sys-fs/sysfsutils-2.1.0 to /

So, emerge picks up on the others but not that one. I then moved it from one section in make.conf and put it in the other. Now it sees the option. I guess it was in the wrong place. For the record, I had it in FEATURES and moved it to the EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS. I guess the last one is where it is supposed to be. I may have copied it to the wrong place since portage would never move things in make.conf. I need better glasses. lol Funny that emerge didn't print a error tho.

Thanks for shining a light in the dark tunnel.

Dale

:-)  :-)