On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Rudmer van Dijk
<rudmer.van.d...@casema.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a new qt and kde available, but it still has the annoying USE flag
> qt3support... is there a way to get rid of it? a lot of kde packages are
> complaining about qt3support and I don't want it.
>
> qt3 left my system a couple of years ago!
> so this is starting to get really annoying 8-(

Hi,

I think qt3support enables Qt3-compatible APIs in Qt4, but I don't
believe it causes you to pull in any actual Qt3 packages. I think it
is mainly to ease transition from Qt3 API to Qt4 API for porters. (I
don't think Qt3 is even in portage anymore)