Just recently switched to a backup machine and I notice the following.
Some time ago, I had tried Virtualbox, and uninstalled it.  I still get
the following as the final 2 lines of the bootup process...

 * Starting VirtualBox kernel module ...
 * modprobe vboxdrv failed. Please use 'dmesg' to find out why

  - I've tried "dmesg | grep -i box", and it shows nothing.
  - emerge -pv --depclean | grep -i box
    only hits on "busybox", "dosbox", and "sandbox"
  - There is no mention of vboxdrv in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6
    or in /var/lib/portage/world or in /etc/conf.d/local.start

  Any more ideas?

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>