Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2010-06-18 12:17 PM, Bill Longman wrote:
And finally, don't even mention how braindead the "new" improved
grub is. I wonder how anyone can feel that having to write six
paragraphs>  in some one-off bash-like language, which needs to be
debugged, is better than four lines in a config file.
This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask...

Since I have no desire to experience this new 'improved' GRUB, but don't
like LILO - how long will it be before I'll be forced to make a choice?
Meaning, how long will legacy GRUB still be supported?

If I read the home page correctly, they are not really doing much more than bug fixes on the old grub. That was my reading at least. I'm dreading that day too. I sort of like my old grub. I started on lilo and grub has seriously grown on me. I'll switch to the new grub tho. I have NO plans to go back to lilo. None whatsoever ! !

Dale

:-)  :-)