Mick writes:

> Please remind me what we are supposed to do when we get:
>
>  * Package 'net-libs/neon-0.29.3' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
>  * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
>  * above message.

You could force installation with FEATURES="-collision-protect -protect-
owned" emerge neon. Or emerge -c remove neon first if it is already
installed.

> Checking for file ownership gives me:
>
> # portageq owners / /usr/bin/neon-config
> net-misc/neon-0.29.3
>       /usr/bin/neon-config
>
> # portageq owners / /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
> net-misc/neon-0.29.3
>       /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
>
> and so on.  How come that I cannot install net-misc/neon-0.29.3 due to
> file collisions, when it is this package which owns the files in the
> first place?

Strange! So it is installed already? Did you chaneg USE flags, so it gets
emerged again? Or did something go wrong when installing it the last time?

I have no idea, I wouldn't think what you see is possible at all.

        Wonko