Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Saturday 26 June 2010 19:08:58 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Alan McKinnon
<alan.mckin...@gmail.com>wrote:
On Saturday 26 June 2010 17:44:42 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
It's weird.

Sometimes, but not always, when I click in the Firefox scrollbar, it
starts

heading in the right direction in fits and starts of 5 pixels or so
until it (finallly) reaches the end.  I've mostly observed this in the
downward direction, but I mostly scroll in that direction anyway so it
might not mean anything.

What's wrong about this is that a single click should not do this, and
does

not do this, on any other scrollbar on my machine.  A single click
moves the "thumb" thingie a fixed amount which depends on where you
click.  The worst part is that the application won't do anything else
until the scrolling is finished, and the scrolling for a very tall
page can take a couple of minutes.

I keep trying to remember that dragging the "thumb" still works as
expected, but clicking is an old habit that's hard to drop.

Am I the only one seeing this?
I don't see that. What settings do you have for scrolling?

Firefox config dialog ->  Advanced ->  General
Firefox-3.6.3 ->  Edit ->  Preferences ->  Advanced ->  General checked:   -
Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages
   - Use autoscrolling
   - Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup

I guess both of the first two are suspects, but AFAICR I've never touched
these.
My setup is similar, so I don't know where to go from here :-)

And someone else reported that heir konqueror does it too. If these things are
related that would cancel out Firefox itself and move over to the video system

If that's the case, I have a Nvidia card and use the Nvidia drivers. Someone seeing this have something different?

Dale

:-)  :-)