On Sunday 27 June 2010 21:42:14 Mark Knecht wrote:
> > The build error is before this. Please post that.
> >
> > Everything below is various elogs to tell you that an error occured, not
> > what it is.
> >

> > --
> > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
>
> Yeah, should have posted more. Sorry.
>
> Hopefully this will get you far enough back to take a guess. Seems
> that libpng12.la doesn't exist and indeed that file isn't there.

Missing libpng.so?

Hah, the dev responsible for that ought to be shot. It wreaked havoc with
~arch a few months back, it's all in the archives in it's full glory.

The libpng ebuild has this message at the end, it's in your elogs:

"Run /usr/sbin/libpng-1.4.x-update.sh to fix libtool archives (.la)"

If stable is anything like unstable was, expect a long frustrating sequence of
revdep-rebuild and preserved-rebuild to fix it all.

Personally, this is one of those things that I fixed and forgot all about
(that's how frustrating it was). For the true facts, get the list archives.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com