Am 28.06.2010 08:19, schrieb waltd...@waltdnes.org:
>   I have a 4-core Intel i3 (/proc/cpuinfo dump below) running 64 bit
> Gentoo.  I want to try hosting 32-bit Gentoo and also OS/2 Warp 4 on it.
> What are people's experiences with different VM environments?  Google
> searching turns up a lot of out-of-date blogs/wikis.  My CPU...
>
> processor       : 3
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 37
> model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU         530  @ 2.93GHz
> stepping        : 2
> cpu MHz         : 2933.000
> cache size      : 4096 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 4
> core id         : 2
> cpu cores       : 2
> apicid          : 5
> initial apicid  : 5
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 11
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
> syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good
> xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2
> ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm arat tpr_shadow vnmi
> flexpriority ept vpid
> bogomips        : 5851.93
> clflush size    : 64
> cache_alignment : 64
> address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management:

Hi,

I'm using app-emulation/virtualbox-bin and it works really great, even
forwarding of usb devices, but I only tested WinXP in the box for
printing purpose. If you wanna have an open source product, consider
app-emulation/virtualbox-ose (open source edition).

* app-emulation/virtualbox-ose
     Available versions:  3.0.12 3.1.8 (~)3.2.4-r1 (~)3.2.6 **9999
{+additions alsa +hal headless kernel_linux +opengl pulseaudio python
+qt4 sdk vboxwebsrv}
     Best versions/slot:  (~)3.2.6
     Homepage:            http://www.virtualbox.org/
     License:             GPL-2

* app-emulation/virtualbox-bin
     Available versions:  3.0.12+i!m 3.1.8+i!m (~)3.2.4-r1+i!m
(~)3.2.6+i!m {+additions +chm headless python rdesktop-vrdp sdk vboxwebsrv}
     Installed versions:  Version: 3.2.6+i!m