On 2010-06-30, Shoka <sh...@gmx.ch> wrote:

> I'm trying to build kind of a minimal gentoo setup with X support. All I
> need is
>
> - X11 and a Window Manager
> - Mozilla Firefox
> - Lighttpd
>
> I use Gnome at this time.

Gnome?!?!

That's like saying "all I needed was a couple of deck chairs, so I
bought the Queen Mary".

One step towards smaller/lighter would be the XFCE desktop instead of
Gnome.  While a lot smaller/faster than Gnuome, XFCE is still far from
"minimal".

If you want more minimal, then I'd try icewm, fvwm, or blackbox/fluxbox.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Don't hit me!!  I'm in
                                  at               the Twilight Zone!!!