On 07/07/10 12:45:05, App Deb wrote:
> Right click on a pdf file, select properties -> open with -> and
> select
> evince instead of acroread.
>
> That it the way to easily change default applications for gnome.

Unfortunately, not for me (Gnome 2.30)
Before and after the above procedure I have

gnomevfs-info MyFile.pdf
still shows
MIME type         : application/pdf
Default app       : wine-extension-pdf.desktop

I wonder where this 'wine-extension-pdf.desktop' is coming from.

And Balsa tries to use this when viewing a pdf attachment.
I'm lost,
Helmut.