On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 07:01 -0400, Albert Hopkins wrote:
> In case anyone is listening, I did plug in an external keyboard (it's
> laptop) and the extra keys on the external seem to work fine.  So this
> evidence also leads me to believe that something happened
> hardware-wise,
> though I have no idea what it could be :|

Well, I installed Windows 7 on the machine and the same keys that don't
work with Gentoo now also didn't work with Windows.  So it looks to be a
hardware issue.  But it's really weird.. physically I see nothing wrong
with the keys.  ThinkAdvantage button still works during POST but not
when an OS is running.  The Fn keys no longer work nor do the
volume/mute keys.  But the play/pause buttons do.

I guess I'll be taking it to get repaired.