On Monday 26 July 2010 19:04:16 Alex Schuster wrote:
> Peter Humphrey writes:
> > On Monday 26 July 2010 16:13:19 Mick wrote:

> > > Hmm, did you try ATA_PIIX, or PATA_MPIIX, or PATA_SCH?
> >
> > I've just tried it again now, to make sure, and the answer's "yes". I
> > set all of those, and I tried adding PATA_OLDPIIX to see if it helped.
> > It didn't, and neither did the others, so I'll have to go back to
> > CONFIG_IDE.
>
> Isn't there also some other SCSI stuff (which does not get selected
> automatically), necessary to make the new ATA drivers actually work?

You mean:

Device Drivers  --->
 Generic Driver Options  --->
  <*> Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers  --->
    [*] ATA SFF support

    Symbol: ATA [=y]
    Prompt: Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers

I also have a P4 but I haven't yet switched off the deprecated drivers.  Will
have a go later in the week and see what gives.
--
Regards,
Mick