Kacper Kopczyński wrote:
Dnia 2010-07-31, o godz. 16:15:51
Volker Armin Hemmann<volkerar...@googlemail.com>  napisał(a):

On Samstag 31 Juli 2010, Kacper Kopczyński wrote:
Hi,

My problem is really strange - I can't access my hard drive from
linux, but it works from windows without problems. It has some bad
blocks.
it has a lot of bad blocks and a fucked up firmware it seems. No way
it is working 'without problems'.

Well total space taken by bad blocks according to chkdsk is less than
1MB, windows is still able to access all data. Linux is only able to
see partition table "for a while" - as you can see in dmesg.

If firmware is broken then how it is possible that windows is able to
use this disk?

Maybe windoze is ignoring the problem? It's not like windoze has never done that before right?

Just a thought.

Dale

:-)  :-)