On Sunday 08 August 2010 20:21:13 CJoeB wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I'm getting better .... recently updated to KDE 4.4 - 200+ packages that
> needed to be updated (including those that weren't KDE apps) and I had a
> bit of jumping through hoops to get everything installed - build
> failures, blocks, etc. but managed to do everything by myself with a
> little help from google!  ;-)
>
> Anyway, the question is this .... I managed to do something (and I can't
> figure out what) so that now, when I minimize a running application in
> KDE, the application doesn't dock on the panel.  Can't seem to find a
> setting to change this.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
> The Alt-Tab thing works so I can get the applications back, but I would
> prefer to see them docked on the panel.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Colleen

Hi,

I had (now and then) similar problems with kde widgets after major kde
upgrades. I solved weired things like this just by removing the widget and
adding it again.

If this still doesn't work, you could try to rename the folder ".kde4" in your
home directory and re-logon. this forces kde to create a new (and clean)
default profile. The drawback here is, that you'll loose all your kde related
settings...

hope, the first suggestion helps ;)

--
Cheers,