* Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> USE only affects optional dependencies. euse -I hal will list packages
> that have a hal USE flag while emerge --depclean -pv sys-apps/hal will
> show those that depend o it.

I've just experimented a bit with that and it turned out that
--depclean doesn't clean up the buildtime-only deps. But if I
remove one of them (eg. cabextract), they don't get pulled in again
(that's indicating the depending ebuilds are written properly).

Is this a bug ?

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weig...@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666