I had to replace an 4:3 Westinghouse monitor this weekend.  I got a new ASUS
VH242H, which is very wide.  But Xorg is still running 1280x1024, instead of
the monitor's normal 1920x1080, according to xorg logs because of lack of
video memory (using the ATI on the motherboard).  I can make the screen use
a 4:3 aspect ratio, so I'm up and running, much better than I started, but
I'd like to do better.

I guess I've gotta look for a video card, but all I have is PCIX slots, so I
don't want to put a lot of money into it (I'll be upgrading the mobo when
finances permit -- which is not right now.)

Any ideas?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD