Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 08/28/2010 04:36 PM, Dale wrote:
Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
Dale schrieb am 28.08.2010 13:13:
P. S. Any way to label swap? It's not reiserfs or ext*.

It is swap :)

swappoff -a
mkswap -L label device
swapon -a

I found that later while reading some other man page. I got to look into
that swapon -a option tho. Never seen that before. I think I know what
it is tho.

It enabled the swap. The boot init scripts automatically do a swapon -a when you boot. But since you need to do a swappoff -a first and disable the swap in order to recreate it, you need to enable it again manually with swapon -a if you don't reboot.

It's been a while since I read the man page for swapon/off. I don't remember seeing it before but that does save me from typing in a longer command. I sometimes want to clear out swap, after compiling OOo or something, and that is a bit easier to do.

Neat tip.  Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)