Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 09/02/2010 12:25 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
Dale writes:

I was hoping for something like a man page or something tho.   I would
like to read up on this a little before jumping in head first.  Does it
have a little info on screen on what does what at least?  I think the
edit screen does but not sure about this part.

Grub comes with a lot of documentation. Although the man page is very
small, it says that the full documentation comes as Texinfo manual, so
'info grub' gives you the full manual. Or read it online here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/legacy/

If you're on KDE you can also read info documents with a much nicer, hyperlinked interface. Either enter "info:grub" in krunner (Alt+F2, fastest way) or as a URL in Konqueror. Works with man pages too, btw ("man:" instead of "info:").

I knew about man:* in Konqueror but I didn't know about the info:* feature. Now that is cool.

Thanks much to both of you.  I got some reading to do.

Dale

:-)  :-)