>> Now I was woundering, which way would Gentoo choose or if that is not
>> package specific at all. Are you sure dlopen() is used as a general
>> approach on Gentoo?
>
> Gentoo doesn't choose anything; it's up to the programs to decide how they
> want to load libraries at runtime.  It's like asking whether Gentoo chooses
> to use Qt or Gtk to run Firefox; well, since Firefox is a Gtk application
> and is making calls to Gtk functions, Gentoo doesn't have a say about it.

O.K. that is one importent point I needed to understand. So the choice
of the tool to handle dynamic linking is on the side of the programs
and can't be triggert uniformly from the ebuilds.

Hmm, ist the dlopen() call the same on all plattforms? I assume, else
you would need to adapt the sources.

How can I find that out? Sure grepping the sources.

Al