Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
On 10 September 2010 10:25, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Do you have the package listed in the unmask or keyword file?  If so, it
ignores the mask file.  Actually, I think it reads mask first then the
others.
Ah! Yes, I do.

That explains why package.mask is being ignored, I guess, but I can't
think of a way yet to prevent the downgrade. Removing from
package.unmask just creates errors and adding 4.5.1-r1 didn't seem to
have any effect. Any ideas?

Sounds like some things depend on that version being installed. You may just have to go through them one by one and add them to the appropriate files. I did this a few days ago with qt. It's not fun but I don't know of a better way.

You may want to check into autounmask for future use. At least that way you can just remove things that you no longer need, want or want to downgrade for some reason.

Dale

:-)  :-)