On 09/10/2010 05:30 PM, Ajai Khattri wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2010, walt wrote:

> The two main ones seemed to be disabling the deprecated ATA drivers and
> another one was disabling some sysfs options. But these changes didn't
> help in this case. At this point, I think Im better off sticking to the
> older kernel until I figure this out properly so Ive focussed my efforts
> on getting that working.

Don't forget your old ata drives are now named /dev/sd[a-z] so rewrite
your grub entries.

Do the systems have a mix of pata and sata drives?  I had this problem
when I updated from ata->pata.  My /dev/hda drive was being mounted as
/dev/sda and thus moving all the sata /dev/sd[a-z] drives up one slot.
Which caused partitions to be mounted, or fail from the wrong drive.

The other problem I had was that my sd[a-z] drives are numbered
depending on their order in the grub device.map file, which had been
shuffled around somehow.

I ended up going into grub menu edit and rewriting the kernel line to
reflect the new naming scheme and then once I'd booted into single user
mode, with no other partitions mounted, editing fstab to reflect the new
drive scheme.