On Friday 10 September 2010 17:13:44 Maciej Grela wrote:
> 2010/9/10 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com>:
> > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Maciej Grela <maciej.gr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there any way to make emerge (wget) correctly behave when it tries
> >> to download a non-existing file from FTP
> >> in a network using ISA as ftp_proxy ? I have one of these at work and
> >> it's really annoying because of situations
> >
> > If you are allowed to bypass the proxy, try --use-proxy=off in your
> > wget command line.
>
> Unfortunately proxy is the only way to access the Internet.
>
> > It seems your FTP is proxied over HTTP and your client needs to
> > support this. I'm not sure if wget supports HTTP proxies for FTP.
> >
> > Here is a document from Microsoft about configuring ISA and various
> > clients: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794745.aspx
>
> I'll read that, thanks.

I think that you can try exporting your proxy's http address to ftp like so:

# export ftp_proxy="http://my_proxy.com:1234";

and then run emerge to see if you can get through.  If your proxy requires a
username/passwd you'll need to add these on the command line just as the
handbook advises.

--
Regards,
Mick