On 09/19/2010 08:05 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
>   This is of interest to those of us running old versions of Flash,
> especially on 64-bit installs without 32-bit support (looks in
> mirror<g>).
>
>   Download site is http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
> To find out where to install, go to "about:plugins" in Firefox, and see
> where your current version of libflashplayer.so is installed.  In my
> case it's /opt/Adobe/flash-player/libflashplayer.so
>
>   To install...
>
> * for 64-bit version download the file
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer_square_p1_64bit_linux_091510.tar.gz
>
> * for 32-bit version download the file
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer_square_p1_32bit_linux_091510.tar.gz
>
> * exit Firefox
>
> * mv your current copy of libflashplayer.so to another directory as a
> backup, in case the new one doesn't work for you
>
> * extract libflashplayer.so from the downloaded tar.gz into the
> directory which you removed libflashplayer.so from.
>
> * fire up Firefox, and away you go
>
> * note that when the release version comes out, you'll need to manually
> remove the Preview Release libflashplayer.so
>
> Good news
> =========
>   It works for me, so far.  I've tried live365.com, both via my paid
> account and via the free (with commercials) option.  It works.  So does
> Youtube.
>
> Bad news
> ========
>   It's more painfull building up a collection of flv videos.  The old
> version used to copy Youtube videos/songs/whatever into /tmp with a
> filename beginning with "Flash".  It would get wiped each time you
> played a new video/whatever.  But you could always move it out to
> another place before playing the next video.  Rename the file to
> <something>.flv and mplayer plays it beautifully.  Nice way to build up
> a collection.
>
> The new version dumps it in the "Cache" directory of whatever Firefox
> profile I'm using.  You have to cd to the "Cache" subdirectory, and
> execute...
>
> file * | grep Macro
>
> and you'll get a list of all "Macromedia Flash" files in the directory.
> One of them is the most recent Flash file you played on Youtube.  You
> have to do some digging.  Again, copy it to another file elsewhere to
> keep a copy.

I have not tried the new version, but this should still work:
the flash-process has a file-open-link in /proc/<PID>/fd/
The /tmp/Flashxxxxxx file was symlinked there. So now the filename and
path are different, but you can probably still find it like that faster
(at least as long as the flv is open by the plugin :)

Bye,
Daniel

--
PGP key @ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xBB9D4887&op=get
# gpg --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0xBB9D4887