Although we understand your frustration we do not sympathyse becasue we've
all had to learn it.

No it's not a checkbox it's a complie time option; and should be passed when
you compile your code.

like "ls -alh"

GCC only looks difficult because you are new and have not used many other
compilers; you will find and grow to love it if you use gentoo for a while;
it's the most portable, widely used and cheapest compiler out there, we are
lucky the GNU exists, othewise you'd have a crappy compiler from IBM to deal
with. Also it doesn't come with an IDE, but Bluefish works mighty fine for
me.

Some light reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler

You'll soon realize why every gentoo installation is as unique as the person
running it.

If you have not read this already:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml

Start there, if you are confused or have questions, ask nicely.

Please check the ego and attitude elsewhere.

Regards,
Hazen.

--
Hazen Valliant-Saunders