Hi list,

I need to set up a cron job to transfer a file every day from server A to server B.

I'd like to do that via ssh and with no user assistance, completely automated.

Setting up a public key, would do the job, but then, all the connections between the servers would be passwordless, so if server A gets compromised, also server B is screwed.

Is there a way to allow only one single command from a single cronjob to operate passwordless, while keeping all the other connections secured by a password?

Thank you in advance for your help.

TopperH
http://topperh.ath.cx