Paul Hartman wrote:
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi,

I have a question.  I'm using KDE4, about to switch to 4.5.2.  Do I need
qt3support anymore?  I'm talking about the USE flag qt3support.  I run into
blocks sometimes and I know KDE3 needed qt3.  I'm just curious if I can get
rid of this USE flag now.  I only have KDE4 installed.  No more KDE3 left
that I know of.
Going along with what Alan said. qt3support does not use Qt 3 at all.
It just puts something like a Qt 3-compatible API into Qt 4, to make
porting Qt 3 to Qt 4 apps easier. It is largely insignifcant to you
(since it's not pulling in qt3 packages).

If you have any packages that require this USE flag, their ebuild will
require this USE flag. So disable it, emerge --deep --newuse world and
see if it complains. If it does, re-enable and continue life with
qt3support as if nothing ever happened. :)

Just picking the last message to reply to so this is for everyone who has chimed in so far.

I may remove the USE flag and just see what blows up. I may copy over some binaries so that I can just use -k and not have to wait on the compiles. I would think if I remove it that something would pitch all holy hell about it if it has to have it. I'm sure it would be caught at some point and I would know it then for sure.

I'm not sure if I have anything on here that must have qt3support. Is there a way to know for sure? Maybe some obscure command that I am not familiar with?

Dale

:-)  :-)