On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:28:49 -0400, Daniel D Jones wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/# emerge --pretend kde-meta
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [blocks B     ] =kde-base/kdebase-3.4* (is blocking
> kde-base/kscreensaver-3.4.1)

You currently have KDE installed with the monolithic ebuilds. to stay
with them, use "emerge -av kde" instead of kde-meta (there's not a lot of
point in using the split ebuilds if you're going to install everything
anyway). Alternatively, you'll have to unmerge that various kdebase, and
probably some of the other monolithic ebuilds, before merging kde-meta.
Don't unmerge kdelibs or arts, they are the same whichever set of ebuilds
you use.

--
Neil Bothwick

This virus requires Microsoft Windows XP