----- Original Message ----

> From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerar...@googlemail.com>
> b) 'libreoffice' - which is  competing for the title 'most idiotic name ever'
> -
>
> is based on  go-openoffice. Gentoo already uses  the go-openoffice patches.

Based on what I read on the Document Foundation's website, I do not believe it
is based on Go-OOo at all; but that they just accepted the patches in
"mainline".
>From their FAQ (http://www.documentfoundation.org/faq/) - emphasis mine:

Q: What does this announcement mean to other derivatives of OpenOffice.org?
A: We want The Document Foundation to be open to code contributions  from as
many people as possible. We are delighted to announce that
the  enhancements produced by the Go-OOo team will bemergedinto  LibreOffice,
effective immediately. We hope that others will follow  suit.

Ben