<alan.mckin...@gmail.com>wrote:
> > Apparently, though unproven, at 16:13 on Wednesday 27 October 2010, Kfir
> > Lavi
> >
> > did opine thusly:

> > Kfir

> > > Is there something that don't involve kde or gnome? I'm running a clean
> > > fluxbox.
> >
> > I'm going to answer your exact question with the only answer it deserves:
> >
> > text file with vi frontend
> >

> > To get a better answer, compose a better mail. To find out how to do
> > that, google "how to ask questions" by Eric S.Raymond, read his essay,
> > then come back and try again.
> >

> > --
> > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
> >
> > Ok I will,
>
> Tnx for your help,

I need to read this too one day.

If a front end to sqlite is needed then you can use sqlite on the CLI and
brush up on the different commands available (man sqlite), or if you are
looking for a GUI editor, you may want to consider sqlitebrowser:

$ eix -l sqlitebrowser
[I] dev-db/sqlitebrowser
     Available versions:
                (~)     2.00_beta1 "~amd64 ~x86"
     Installed versions:  2.00_beta1(10:25:20 18/07/10)
     Homepage:            http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

Also, I understand that iPhone uses sqlite to manage address book entries, so
you may find something which will also work on your desktop - have a look in
Google.  I came across these pages as a starter for 10:

http://probertson.com/projects/addressbook/

http://www.dprogramming.com/enticeaddrbook.html

HTH.
--