Adam Carter wrote:

    Usually you put stuff like that in /etc/sysctl.conf. IIRC the key
    is vm.swappiness.

    Looking at the man page, I would think you are correct but I don't
    see a example on that setting.  I'll have to google for it I guess.

    Putting it in rc.conf does work tho.  I also used to have to
    adjust my fan divisor settings and I did that in rc.conf as well.

IIRC you're using "echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness". If it were me if would use vm.swappiness=10 in sysctl since in this case the control option is available, then fall back to /etc/conf.d/local.start for "echo 10 >" type stuff if there was no sysctl option.

I googled and found this:

http://www.brunolinux.com/06-Fine_Tuning_Your_System/Swappiness.html

Then I added "vm.swappiness=20" to the sysctl.conf file. I'll check to make sure it holds that setting when I reboot, whenever that is. I see no reason why it shouldn't tho since that is the proper place to set it.

So you recall correctly.  :-)

Dale

:-)  :-)