Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> writes:

> The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting some strange errors when using
> 'sql-ledger' eg.
> Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at SL/IS.pm line 582.

The 'XXX is depreciated" messages are not normally errors. They are just
to inform you that the script is using a depreciated feature and that
unless it is changed (to use a non depreciated mechanism) that it will
stop working in a future version. This is aimed primarily at the scripts
author/maintainer. For a user it should prompt one of three actions, in
order of preference, a) Upgrade to a later version of the script, b)
check if this has already been reported as a bug (either upstream or in
Gentoo) and if not raise a bug report, c) Ignore it.