Benyamin Dvoskin wrote:
Hi ,

When running emerge -p for some package , one gets for each dependency and package a list of USE flags at the end of the line.
some are colored in red , some blue

what are the differences ?

Thanks,
Benny

From the emerge man page:

       [ebuild U ] sys-devel/distcc-2.16 [2.13-r1] USE="ipv6* -gtk -qt%"
Here we see that the make.conf variable USE affects how this package is built. In this example, ipv6 optional support is enabled and both gtk and qt support are disabled. The asterisk following ipv6 indicates that ipv6 support was disabled the last time this packages was installed. The per- cent sign following qt indicates that the qt option has been added to the package since it was last installed. For information about all USE symbols, see the --verbose option documentation
              above.
*Note: Flags that haven't changed since the last install are only displayed when you use the --pretend and --verbose options. Using the --quiet option will prevent all information from being
              displayed.

The colors tend to follow what is being changed to make it more noticeable. I think red is disabled or something to that effect. I don't pay to much attention to the colors, I look for the percent sign for changes. Keep in mind that you can change or disable those colors locally too.

Dale

:-)  :-)