> > One post mentioned that this needs to be reinstalled, I AGREE.

Re installation may be *correct*, but sometimes its impractical. I would
1. Pull the drive, and connect it to another fully patched, fully security
updated windows box.
2. From that box run chkdsk -> full virus scan -> defrag
3. Reconnect the disk to the original box, and boot from the windows install
disk and perform a repair. Use an installation disk that has been
slipstreamed with the correct service pack. You should be able to find the
media -  just remember that OEM media is different to standard media.
4. Uninstall all the crap.... (check Run registry keys)